Waste is a huge problem during the holiday season: people typically produce twice the amount of it than they do normally. Check out a few ideas below to help you recycle, reuse, and reduce this Christmas.
(Almost) Waste-free Gift Ideas:
- Nonmaterial gifts can be some of the best. Give away concert or show tickets, or take that person to a cool event that theyâ€™ll enjoy. Sharing in the experience can be more meaningful and heartfelt than anything store-bought.
- Food gifts are awesome! Cookies, cupcakes, and other baked goods are just some examples of things that can spread the holiday cheer. Or create a home-cooked meal for you and your friends to share.
- Another meaningful idea is to make a charitable donation in the name of your gift recipient.
- If you do go shopping for gifts, bring a tote bag to carry them in to reduce plastic. Buy useful, thoughtful presents.
- You can also search on the internet for gifts that are made from reused or recycled material.